Vintage Hopi Silver Overlay Necklace by Mitchell Sockyma
Take a look at this little treasure of a necklace that's all about elegant silver overlay designs. It's a lovely vintage three piece panel necklace by Hopi Guild artist Mitchell Sockyma.
Mitchell Sockyma's handmade overlay necklace is decorated with two matching bird wing panels like ones you might see on a piece of pottery by the famous Hopi potter Nampeyo. In the center of Sockyma's necklace sit other Hopi motifs including a long hair katsina.
The necklace is a beautiful, understated way to wear some exceptional Hopi designs.
- Silver Hopi overlay panel necklace by Mitchell Sockyma
- Hopi Guild piece
- Bird wing and long hair katsina designs
- Panel portion of necklace measures 5 3/4" long x 5/8" wide
- Panel is curved to fit the contours of the neck
- Adjustable chain that closes with handmade silver hooks
- Signed with Mitchell Sockyma's hallmark and Hopi Crafts hallmark
- Collectible vintage piece
Read more about the Hopi Craft Guild's founding.